ME4515 - Advanced Mechanical Engineering Design
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Science and Engineering
Application of modelling and simulation to the design of components and systems. Use
of computational mechanics and finite element analysis in design. Major design project
involving a complex engineering system or component from any field of mechanical engineering.
- to develop in students advanced skills at analysing, designing and/or optimising various
- to develop student skills in conducting major projects with minimal supervision.
- On-Course assessment, some of which may be invigilated.
Study Period 2
|Census Date 27-Aug-2020
||Dr Greg Wheatley.
The student workload for this
credit point subject is approximately
- 1 hours lectures - Lectures, tutorials, demonstrations, practicals, site visits and/or seminars. Refer
to Subject Outline for details.
- 60 hours workshops/Seminars - Computer Workshops
- assessment and self-directed study
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest