ME3525 - Mechanical Design
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Engineering (pre 2015)
Design in accordance with standards. Legal and ethical machine safety requirements.
Optimisation and modelling. Detailed investigation of selected design problems in
a number of areas of mechanical engineering. Topics will be drawn from the following
areas: acoustics, dynamics, machine element design, solid mechanics and the design
of thermal and fluid machinery. Emphasis will be placed on the use of appropriate
- to enhance communication skills written and oral;
- to introduce students to sugar milling theories, design of experiments and data analysis;
- to introduce students to the use of standards in design;
- to promote student awareness of legal and ethical machine safety requirements;
- to reinforce material from a number of areas of mechanical engineering and to develop
design skills specific to these areas.
Study Period 2
|Census Date 28-Aug-2014
||Dr Dave Holmes
||Dr Rory Gover.
- 65 hours - Lectures, tutorials, demonstrations, practicals, site visits and/or seminars. Refer
to Subject Outline for details.
||quizzes or tests (20% - 40%); design reports (60% - 80%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest