ME3511 - Dynamics and Acoustics
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Engineering (pre 2015)
Theory of Vibration covers the following topics: lumped parameter (spring-mass-damper)
systems free and forced vibration of single and multi-DOF systems. Continuous parameter
(distributed) systems vibrations of strings, beams and plates. Acoustics wave propagation
in fluids, sound pressure and sound power, noise measurement scales, sound fields
and sources. Condition monitoring for predictive maintenance fault detection on some
- to become familiar with the fundamentals of acoustics and the measurement of noise
- to conduct a literature review on a topic in the field of dynamics and acoustics and
to communicate the results to a critical audience;
- to demonstrate methods and techniques for noise and vibration control;
- to develop and exercise the students skills to produce a dynamic model of a machine/structure;
- to familiarise students with machine condition monitoring and diagnostics;
- to familiarise students with the fundamentals of continuous systems;
- to gain an understanding of vibration analysis in industrial applications.
||MA2000 and ME2521
Study Period 1
|Census Date 27-Mar-2014
||Dr Rong Situ.
- 65 hours - Lectures, tutorials, demonstrations, practicals, site visits and/or seminars. Refer
to Subject Outline for details.
||end of semester exam (50% - 70%); on-course assessment, some of which may be invigilated (30% - 50%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest