MD6020 - Advanced Clinical Medicine Part 2 of 3
|Student Contribution Band:
||MD6010 MD6020 MD6030
||College of Medicine & Dentistry
Available only to MBBS students
This subject continues the study of integrated medical and social sciences for the
whole human body. This is the second part of a full year subject which builds on years
one to five of the MBBS and continues to integrate the basic medical sciences and
the knowledge, skills and attitudes required for clinical health care and, in particular,
internship. Is is a 40 week year in various clinical health care settings.
- ability to take a focused history from and conduct a focused examination on patients
with a range of health problems;
- to further understand the personal and professional roles of medical practitioners;
- to determine and interpret an appropriate range of clinical investigations relevant
to each patient problem and generate a management plan in response to each patient
- to generate a list of health care problems that patients may have;
- to undertake an internship in any Australian hospital.
- Comprises assignments, presentations and learning portfolio - (%) - .
Special Assessment Requirements
Satisfactory attendance is required at community and clinical placements. Satisfactory
academic and professional standards, as described in the College program Assessment
Guidelines, must be achieved.
||MD6010 ALLOW CONCURRENT WITH MD6010
As this subject is part of a subject chain, a final
standard grade (e.g. P, C) will only be recorded
for each subject after successful completion of all
parts of the subject chain.
Study Period 1
|Census Date 25-Mar-2021
- 20 hours lectures - Introductory sessions for each clinical rotation studied including WOY presentations
- 20 hours tutorials - Clinical tutorials
- 1250 hours placement
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest