MD5010 - Integrated Clinical Practice Part 1 of 3
|Student Contribution Band:
||MD5010 MD5020 MD5030
||College of Medicine & Dentistry
Available only to MBBS students
This subject continues the study of integrated medical and social sciences for the
whole human body. This is the first part of a full year subject which builds on years
one to four of the MBBS and achieves a high level of integration between the basic
medical sciences and the knowledge, skills and attitudes required for clinical health
care. Itis a 40 week year.
- ability to determine and interpret an appropriate range of clinical investigations
relevant to each patient problem;
- ability to generate a list of health care problems that patients may have;
- ability to generate a management plan in response to each patient problem;
- ability to take a focused history from and conduct a focused examination on patients
with a range of health problems;
- to further understand the personal and professional roles of medical practitioners.
- Comprises assignments, presentation, learning portfolio and three final examinations - (%) - .
Special Assessment Requirements
Satisfactory attendance is required at community and clinical placements. Satisfactory
academic and professional standards, as described in the College program Assessment
Guidelines, must be achieved in order to progress to the next year.
||MD4011 AND MD4012 AND MD4013
As this subject is part of a subject chain, a final
standard grade (e.g. P, C) will only be recorded
for each subject after successful completion of all
parts of the subject chain.
Study Period 3
|Census Date 04-Feb-2021
- 100 hours lectures - Introductory sessions including Lecture Week presentations
- 15 hours tutorials - Clinical tutorials for each clinical rotation
- 1200 hours placement
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest