MA3212 - Optimisation and Operations Research
|Student Contribution Band:
This subject covers linear programming (formulations, graphical solutions); the Simplex
Method for solving Linear Programs; duality; network optimisation (link and path flow
formulations for networks); shortest-path algorithms; integer optimisation (formulations);
introduction to non-linear optimisation.
- formulate a problem as a linear programming model;
- solve a linear programming problem with a graphical method and the simplex algorithm;
- formulate linear programs for networks, as well as the shortest path algorithm;
- formulate simple integer programming models;
- apply the Karush-Kuhn-Tucker condition to find the properties of the optimal solution
to a non-linear optimisation problem;
- use MATLAB to solve optimisation problems.
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest