MA2900 - Mathematics Content Knowledge for Lower Secondary School Teaching
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Engineering (pre 2015)
This subject is designed to deepen the mathematical content knowledge of those who
intend to teach years 7 to 10 mathematics in secondary school. The content in the
subject is aligned with the three content strands in the ACARA mathematics syllabus,
(i) Number and Algebra, (ii) Measurement and Geometry and (iii) Statistics and Probability.
- Demonstrate the connections between secondary school mathematics and quantitative
disciplines relevant to living and working in a changing environment;
- Understand the historical and socio-cultural development of mathematical ideas;
- Investigating and communicate mathematical ideas for different purposes;
- Understand the links among the mathematics content areas in the Australian Curriculum
from Foundation to Year 12 with an emphasis on lower secondary school;
- Develop deep content knowledge of the mathematics in the years 7 to 10 Australian
Study Period 2
|Census Date 28-Aug-2014
||Assoc. Professor Shaun Belward
||Dr Jo Balatti, Assoc. Professor Shaun Belward.
- 26 hours lectures
- 13 hours tutorials
||end of semester exam (60%); assignments/orals (40%).
|Special Assessment Requirements:
||A student must obtain an average of 40% over all invigilated components within the
subject to pass the subject overall.
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest