MA1011 - Mathematical Foundations for Advanced Secondary Students
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Science and Engineering
Offered to high school gifted and talented students only.
Algebra including partial fractions and the binomial theorem; analytic geometry; functions
and graphs; exponential and logarithmic functions; trigonometry; differentiation,
including implicit differentiation and related rates; stationary points, curve sketching;
simple integration; matrix algebra.
- manipulate and solve algebraic equations involving non-integer powers and exponential,
logarithmic, trigonometric and polynomial functions;
- sketch graphs of different functions including conic sections to analyse and interpret
the important features of the mathematics;
- differentiate and integrate algebraic expressions involving non-integer powers and
exponential, logarithmic, trigonometric and polynomial functions;
- apply methods of algebra and differential calculus to solve problems;
- communicate mathematical thinking incorporating the concepts and methods presented
in the course.
- end of semester exam (50% - 70%)
- on-course tests (20% - 40%)
- online quizzes (10%).
||Concurrent with Senior Maths B and Senior Maths C
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest