LB5528 - Advanced Family Dispute Resolution
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Business, Law & Governance
This subject will equip students to respond to domestic and family violence in family
work, and to operate in a family law environment. Students will develop advanced skills
in family dispute resolution and practice managing some of the more challenging situations
that may arise in the family context. The subject covers a number of the competencies
required for Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner Accreditation in Australia.
- synthesize complex family conflict and family violence theories and related laws for
professional practice in family dispute resolution;
- critically analyse complex family conflicts and family dispute resolution strategies,
particularly in relation to domestic and family violence;
- provide general advice to assist individuals to constructively manage family conflict;
- effectively communicate with, facilitate and support people in family conflict, respond
to family violence in the mediation room, and create an environment that supports
the safety of vulnerable parties in dispute resolution; and exercise independent ethical
judgment and initiative in family dispute resolution practice and research;
- autonomously reflect on and evaluate their own capabilities and performance, and make
use of feedback as appropriate, to support personal and professional development.
|LB5525, LB5530, LB5531 and LB5533.
||LB5519 and allow concurrent enrolment.
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest