IA5110 - Individual Study/Project
|Student Contribution Band:
||Indigenous Education & Research Centre
Available to all postgraduate students.
This subject allows for independent work in an area of Indigenous research of the
student's own choosing. In consultation with the lecturer, a program of reading, guided
research and conference relating to the specialised area, is designed to cater for
individual student interests and projects. Students will provide an outline for their
proposal for an individual project to the Lecturer, within two weeks of the commencement
of the study period.
- Explore basic research theory and practice as it applies to topics related to Aboriginal
and Torres Strait Islander people;
- Conduct independent research on a supervised topic, examining research contexts, literature,
methodologies and findings;
- Critically examine aspects of research design incorporating ethical considerations
and critical Indigenous research methodologies;
- Conduct a literature review using appropriate academic language and formatting.
- Invigilated > Presentations - (30%)
- project proposal - (30%)
- literature review - (40%).
Study Period 1
|Census Date 26-Mar-2020
||Assoc. Professor Felecia Watkin, Professor Andrew Day.
Study Period 2
|Census Date 27-Aug-2020
||Assoc. Professor Felecia Watkin, Professor Andrew Day
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest