HS7411 - Leadership in Health Professional Education
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Medicine & Dentistry
This subject is available to Graduate Diploma of Health Professional Education and
Master of Health Professional Education only or by permission of the Head of School.
Students will explore models of leadership and categories of scholarship and its application
in diverse educational practice settings. The challenges of political influence affecting
educational leadership will be explored.
- Discuss the qualities of an educational leader;
- Explain the leadership roles of health educators;
- Design leadership strategies in health professional education;
- Evaluate the issues and solve problems that educational leaders may encounter in health
- Apply change management issues in health professional education.
- assignments (15%)
- essay - personal reflection (15%)
- critical essay (30%)
- business propsal presentation (40%).
||HS5405 AND HS5406 AND HS5409 AND HS5410 AND HS6405
Study Period 2
|Census Date 27-Aug-2020
The student workload for this
credit point subject is approximately
- 1 hours - There will be little contact hours for this subject as it is delievered in an external
format. Occasional teleconferences may be arranged by negotiation with the students.
- assessment and self-directed study
|Method of Delivery:
||WWW - LearnJCU
An enrolment quota applies to this offering.
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest