HS7410 - Curriculum Design and Renewal in Health Professional Education
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Medicine & Dentistry
This subject is available to Graduate Diploma of Health Professional Education and
Master of Health Professional Education only or by permission of the Head of School.
Students will learn the different phases involved in developing and designing curriculum
for the health professions. They will be able to identify and discuss the challenges
involved in different models of curriculum development.
- Describe the components of a curriculum for health professional education;
- Discuss different models of curriculum design relevant to health professional education;
- Apply the steps in curriculum design for health professional education;
- Evaluate the main challenges in designing a curriculum for a health professional program;
- Develop a curriculum evaluation framework for a selected health professional teaching
- assignment 1 - curriculum design proposal (30%)
- assignment 2 - curriculum re-design proposal (40%)
- assignment 3 - curriculum blueprint (30%).
||HS5405 AND HS5406 AND HS5409 AND HS5410
Study Period 1
|Census Date 26-Mar-2020
The student workload for this
credit point subject is approximately
- 1 hours - There will be little contact hours for this subject as it is delievered in an external
format. Occasional teleconferences may be arranged by negotiation with the students.
- assessment and self-directed study
|Method of Delivery:
||WWW - LearnJCU
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest