HS6405 - Assessment and Evaluation in Health Professional Education
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Medicine & Dentistry
Available to Diploma of Health Profession Education and Master of Health Professional
Education only or by permission of the Head of School.
The subject provides indepth examination of approaches to assessment and evaluation
in health professional education. Students will explore and apply different types
of educational assessment and evaluation tools.
- Explain and apply different types of educational assessment including authentic assessment;
- Discuss the nature, purpose and principles of assessment for learning and standard
- Compare and contrast a variety of approaches to student, self and peer assessment;
- Describe, critique and apply different theories, models and methods of evaluation
for subjects and courses in the health context.
- critique a specified assessment-related journal article in your area of health professions
education and present a 10-minute discussion-based critique of that article to the
- peer assessed presentation and self assessment 50% due week 10; (50%)
- theoretical discussion and application of an evaluation approach 25% due week 13 (25%).
Special Assessment Requirements
Contribution to the Discussion Board is a hurdle requirement.
||HS5405 AND HS5406 AND HS5409 AND HS5410
Study Period 1
|Census Date 26-Mar-2020
The student workload for this
credit point subject is approximately
- 1 hours - There will be little contact hours for this subject as it is delievered in an external
format. Occasional teleconferences may be arranged by negotiation with the students.
- assessment and self-directed study
|Method of Delivery:
||WWW - LearnJCU
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest