FR1201 - Intermediate French 1
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Arts, Society & Education
General French language appropriate to the outcome outlined below.
- to take students to a level of at least basic transactional proficiency (1 on the
ISLPR scale). Students will: be able to conduct simple conversations on topics that
are familiar to them their childhood, school, university, everyday activities, hobbies,
work, life after university to speak about themselves and about matters of interest
to them, to express likes and dislikes and to respond to normal high-frequency instructions
in familiar situations; be able to read and write simple sentences, including brief
instructions and email messages; become familiar with various aspects of French culture
and be introduced to French literature through the study of a modern French novel.
- Written > Test/Quiz 1 - (30%) - Individual
- Participation > Class participation - (20%) - Individual
- Written > Reflection/reflective task 1 - (10%) - Individual
- Oral > Interview - (40%) - Individual.
||SA in Senior French or equivalent
|Study Period 1,
|Census Date 25-Mar-2021
||Dr Florence Boulard
||Dr Florence Boulard, Mrs Frederique Glasco.
The student workload for this
credit point subject is approximately
- 12 hours - Online activities
- 20 hours online content
- assessment and self-directed study
|Method of Delivery:
||WWW - LearnJCU
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest