EV5502 - Advanced Geographic Information Systems
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Science and Engineering
This subject introduces participants to more advanced forms of spatial analysis, in
both theory and practice. Topics to be covered include: raster modelling; spatial
interpolation and terrain modellng; landscape ecology applications; spatial statistics;
data quality and error analysis; GPS mapping; Web GIS design and development.
- create, integrate and manage data from diverse sources;
- explain important geospatial concepts and/or tools;
- design and execute spatial analysis in both vector and raster GIS;
- use GIS to solve a real world problem and communicate the results effectively.
||EV2502 OR EV5505
|EV3502 GE3502 GE5502 TG3110 TG5102
Study Period 11
|Census Date 06-Dec-2018
|Face to face teaching
03-Dec-2018 to 07-Dec-2018
||Dr Karen Joyce
||Dr Stephanie Duce, Dr Karen Joyce.
- 40 hours workshops/Seminars
||end of semester exam (25%); assignments (25%); final report (50%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest