EV5401 - Coastal and Catchment Geomorphology
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Science and Engineering
The subject examines the geomorphic patterns and processes of river channel, floodplain,
estuary and beach environments in North Queensland. Human impacts and environmental
management processes are emphasised. This subject is timetabled with EV3401.
- to develop an understanding of earth surface process regimes and landforms in river
catchments and coasts;
- to develop expertise in the methods used in remedying and managing human impacts in
river catchments and coasts;
- to develop expertise in the methods used to assess the impacts of human landuse activities
in river catchments and coasts;
- to develop expertise in field techniques and analysis of data.
- Invigilated > End of semester exam - (40%)
- Invigilated > Quizzes or tests - (10%)
- Non-Invigilated > Assignments - (35%)
- Practicals - (15%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest