EV3401 - Coastal and Catchment Geomorphology
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Science and Engineering
The subject examines the geomorphic patterns and processes of river channel, floodplain,
estuary and beach environments with an emphasis on North Queensland. Human impacts
and environmental management processes are considered.
- to develop an understanding of earth surface process regimes and landforms in river
catchments and coastal environments;
- to develop scientific writing and verbal presentation skills;
- to gain an understanding of the methods used in remedying and managing human impacts
in river catchments and coasts;
- to gain an understanding of the methods used to assess the impacts of human landuse
activities in river catchments and coasts;
- to develop expertise in field techniques and analysis of data.
- Invigilated > End of semester exam - (45%)
- Invigilated > Quizzes or tests - (10%)
- Non-Invigilated > Assignments - (30%)
- Practicals - (15%).
||AT LEAST 12 CREDITS AT LEVEL 2 INCLUDING 6 CREDITS OF LEVEL 2 EV OR EA SUBJECTS
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest