EL3021 - Australian Urban Fictions
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Arts, Society & Education
This subject offers an overview of the depiction and place of urban environments in
Australian fiction. It begins with colonial debates about the relative merits of the
city and the bush, then looks at selected twentieth-century presentations of city
life, in Australian fiction and film, as well as work from other comparable cultures.
- demonstrate knowledge and reflect on critical and literary- historical understanding
of diverse means of representing urban space in literature;
- demonstrate knowledge and reflect the historical context of the city in Australia
- analyse and synthesise concepts and theories in the set texts;
- apply the literary-critical skills and understanding attained at earlier levels, particularly
where essay writing and extra- literary issues are concerned.
- Invigilated > Other exams - (40%)
- Invigilated > Tutorial attendance and participation - (20%)
- Essay on two authors - (40%).
||12 CREDIT POINTS OF LEVEL 1 SUBJECTS
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest