ED4590 - Early Childhood Language and Literacy 2
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Education (pre 2015)
Available to students enrolled in the BEd Early Childhood Major and BEd (Professional
Development) Early Childhood Major.
This subject explores how to plan, implement and evaluate pedagogies at an advanced
level, for the early years in the curriculum area of English. Core content comprises
the examination and evaluation of current national and state English curriculum frameworks
(Foundation - Year 2) and how to plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
in English language, literature and literacy for diverse learners. The subject aims
to equip pre-service teachers nearing completion of their program with the knowledge,
skills and dispositions to be highly proficient teachers of English to diverse learners
in the early years.
- identify and provide a range of responses to issues of access and equity that relate
to teaching English language, literature and literacy in the early years;
- demonstrate confidence and skills in planning and assessing English for diverse learners;
- know how to plan for and implement the integration of English literacy across curriculum
areas in the early years;
- show a sound conceptual knowledge of pedagogic principles and practices within contemporary
curriculum frameworks (Foundation - Year 3) for English; and;
- demonstrate Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at an assured level.
Study Period 1
|Census Date 27-Mar-2014
||<Person not found>, Dr Claire Campbell.
|Method of Delivery:
||WWW - LearnJCU
||essays (20%); resource portfolio and planning folder (50%); centrally-administered final exam (30%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest