ED3488 - Third Year Professional Experience
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Arts, Society & Education
Available to students enrolled in Bachelor of Education. External offering available
only to ECE ONLINE students.
This subject is part of the developmental curriculum for professional experience within
the Bachelor of Education program. In school settings relevant to their specialist
sector (Early Childhood, Primary or Secondary) students will complete three (3) allocated
weeks (15 days) of professional experience. For students enrolled in the BEd (Early
Childhood Education), professional experience will be undertaken in a school with
children aged over 5-8 years. All students will complete a range of activities to
demonstrate their development according to the Australian Professional Standards for
Graduate Teachers and relevant ACECQA standards.
- develop and use an observation schedule to improve management of learning environment;
- plan, manage, teach and evaluate sequences of lessons to achieve negotiated learning
- successfully complete a short continuous block of teaching;
- assess their personal language, literacy and numeracy skills and improve these aspects
of professional practice;
- demonstrate an understanding of the diverse backgrounds and identities of learners
through the development of a learner;
- investigate relevant communication strategies as pertinent to the school setting.
- satisfactory completion of professional experience.
||ED3093 OR ED3193 OR ED3293 AND 54 CREDIT POINTS OF UNDERGRADUATE SUBJECTS
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest