ED3222 - Economics and Business Curriculum 1
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Education (pre 2015)
Available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Education (Secondary).
The construction of pedagogical content knowledge in the junior secondary school is
the focus of this subject. Students will become familiar with current curriculum in
the Economics and Business learning area; examine the essential components of Economics
and Business programs appropriate to secondary schooling; identify and understand
the skills, attitudes and economic concepts that can be developed in a technology
program; and explore a range of issues that impact on teaching and learning in secondary
contexts. This subject will also explore discipline-specific curriculum planning,
assessment and teaching strategies appropriate to junior secondary schooling.
- develop an understanding of key concepts in the Economics and Business learning curriculum;
- build a repertoire of learning/teaching strategies in Economics and Business;
- develop skills in planning and assessing learning activities for students;
- become familiar with Economics and Business learning area requirements and a range
of issues that impact on teaching and learning in secondary contexts;
- demonstrate Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at a developed level.
Study Period 1
|Census Date 27-Mar-2014
||<Person not found>
- 26 hours lectures
- 13 hours tutorials
||unit plan (50%); critical reflection (10%); centrally-administered final exam (40%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest