ED3216 - The Arts Secondary Curriculum 1
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Education (pre 2015)
Available to students enrolled in Bachelor of Education (Secondary).
Students will be guided through discussion, interaction, readings, critical reflection,
written and practical tasks, to begin to formulate their own philosophy of Arts education
focusing on Drama, Visual Arts, Media Arts, Dance or Music. Students will gain insights
into media, techniques and classroom management ideas suitable for secondary school
contexts. Students will explore and engage with the relevant Arts curriculum documents
of their secondary teaching area, coming to understand the important underlying principles
for planning and assessment.
- apply a critical understanding to issues in secondary school curriculum and teaching
in the Arts;
- demonstrate a knowledge of key elements of the curriculum in the Arts;
- identify and evaluate the ACARA Arts curriculum framework, content, processes and
skills including different assessment modes;
- demonstrate skills of planning and presentation relevant to teaching in Arts at secondary
- demonstrate Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at a developed level.
|ED4291 and ED5225
Study Period 1
|Census Date 27-Mar-2014
||Dr Jocene Vallack
- 13 hours lectures
- 13 hours tutorials
||community arts presentation (50%); centrally-administered final exam (50%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest