ED3196 - Science in Context for Primary Science Specialists
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Arts, Society & Education
This subject extends the principles and practices of primary science instruction by
exploring science curriculum content within specific contexts. Context is necessary
for preservice teachers to understand what new knowledge means by bringing relevance
and meaning to ideas and concepts covered in science lessons. The subject views science
as a multifaceted, flexible process for better understanding of the natural world.
Preservice teachers learn key concepts about the content, nature and process of science
and how they can apply this knowledge to real world situations. The subject engages
preservice teachers in science inquiry, critical thinking, testing, reflecting and
communicating, providing students with specialist skills in the Learning Area of Science.
- explore how the design and implementation of relevant and challenging learning experiences
consolidates scientific literacy;
- recall, apply and communicate concepts and procedures of science through multiple
modes and genres within local and global contexts;
- demonstrate Australian Professional Standards for Teachers;
- apply and recognise key concepts about the nature and process of science in real world
- engage with the F-10 Australian Curriculum to identify implications of science in
context for classroom practice.
||ED1411; ED2195 SCIENCE EDUCATION FOR PRIMARY SCHOOL
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest