EA5028 - Advanced Techniques in Mining and Exploration Geology
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Science and Engineering
Available to students only with permission and who qualifying for entry into MGM.
The analysis of orebody geometry and architecture based on surface and subsurface
mapping; drill core data; controlling rock structures; ore associations and alteration
patterns. Prospectivity analysis relevant to exploration.
- to develop an understanding of the challenges and outcomes of mining analysis;
- to develop enabling skills to interpret geological data relevant to the geometry,
potential distribution, location and nature of mineable mineralisation;
- to develop skills to optimise exploration and mining programs using geological data.
- Invigilated > End of semester exam - (50%)
- Non-Invigilated > Assignments - (50%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest