EA3400 - Ore Genesis
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Science and Engineering
Common features of major ore deposit types, including geological context, host rock
packages, alteration assemblages, mineralization styles, and zonations. Ore-forming
processes, including metal enrichment through various processes, e.g., magmatic, hydrothermal,
sedimentary and metamorphism. Exploration methods for major ore deposit types.
- to give an understanding of the nature and origin of metalliferous ore deposits;
- to provide an introduction to methods in metallogenic studies including ore microscopy,
fluid inclusion studies and stable isotope geochemistry.
||AT LEAST 12 CREDIT POINTS OF LEVEL 2 SUBJECTS INCLUDING EA2510 AND EA2220
Study Period 2
|Census Date 29-Aug-2019
||Dr Ioan Sanislav
||Dr Ioan Sanislav, Assoc. Professor Carl Spandler.
The student workload for this
credit point subject is approximately
- 26 hours on-campus > Lectures
- 39 hours on-campus > Practicals
- assessment and self-directed study
||end of semester exam (60%); practical tests (15%); assignments (25%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest