DS6105 - Dentistry Honours (Part Time) Part 3 of 4
|Student Contribution Band:
||DS6103 DS6104 DS6105 DS6106
||Discipline of Dentistry (pre 2015)
Available only to BDS Hons students
This subject is the third of four subjects (the others being DS6103, DS6104, DS6106)
that in combination constitute a part-time Honours option for the Bachelor of Dental
Surgery course. The subject consists of research undertaken for preparation of a thesis
and seminars that accompany the research process. Students will be able to choose
a research project related to a dental discipline. All projects are subject to approval
by the Honours coordinator in the Discipline of Dentistry.
- Develop advanced skills in information retrieval/organisation, evaluation and analysis;
- Develop skills necessary to formulate a research question and project plan;
- Develop an independent ability to plan, execute, write up and verbally report on a
- Develop insights into a specialised study area that facilitates graduates to progress
faster in their chosen speciality field;
- Develop the required preparation for a potential career in research.
As this subject is part of a subject chain, a final
standard grade (e.g. P, C) will only be recorded
for each subject after successful completion of all
parts of the subject chain.
Study Period 1
|Census Date 27-Mar-2014
||Dr Ernie Jennings
||<Person not found>.
- 13 hours - Consultation with Honours supervisors
||integrated assessment across subject chain (%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest