DS6104 - Dentistry Honours (Part Time) Part 2 of 4
|Student Contribution Band:
||DS6103 DS6104 DS6105 DS6106
||College of Medicine & Dentistry
Available only to BDS Hons students or by permission of Head of Discipline
This subject is the second of four subjects (the others being DS6103, DS6105, DS6106)
that in combination constitute a part-time Honours option for the Bachelor of Dental
Surgery course. The subject consists of research undertaken for preparation of a thesis
and seminars that accompany the research process. Students will be able to choose
a research project related to a dental discipline. All projects are subject to approval
by the Honours coordinator in the Discipline of Dentistry.
- Develop advanced skills in information retrieval/organisation, evaluation and analysis;
- Develop skills necessary to formulate a research question and project plan;
- Develop an independent ability to plan, execute, write up and verbally report on a
- Develop insights into a specialised study area that facilitates graduates to progress
faster in their chosen speciality field;
- Develop the required preparation for a potential career in research.
- integrated assessment across subject chain (%).
As this subject is part of a subject chain, a final
standard grade (e.g. P, C) will only be recorded
for each subject after successful completion of all
parts of the subject chain.
Study Period 2
|Census Date 27-Aug-2020
The student workload for this
credit point subject is approximately
- 13 hours - Consultation with Honours supervisors
- assessment and self-directed study
Enrolment in this offering is restricted.
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest