DS6102 - Dentistry Honours (Full Time) Part 2 of 2
|Student Contribution Band:
||Discipline of Dentistry (pre 2015)
Available only to BDS Hons students or by permission of Head of Discipline
This subject is the second of two subjects (the other being DS6101) that in combination
constitute a full-time Honours option for the Bachelor of Dental Surgery course. The
subject consists of research undertaken for preparation of a thesis and seminars that
accompany the research process. Students will be able to choose a research project
related to a dental discipline. All projects are subject to approval by the Honours
coordinator in the Discipline of Dentistry.
- Develop advanced skills in information retrieval/organisation, evaluation and analysis;
- Develop skills necessary to formulate a research question and project plan;
- Develop an independent ability to plan, execute, write up and verbally report on a
- Develop insights into a specialised study area that facilitates graduates to progress
faster in their chosen speciality field;
- Develop the required preparation for a potential career in research.
|DS6103 DS6104 DS6105 DS6106
As this subject is part of a subject chain, a final
standard grade (e.g. P, C) will only be recorded
for each subject after successful completion of all
parts of the subject chain.
Study Period 2
|Census Date 28-Aug-2014
||Dr Ernie Jennings
- 26 hours - Consultation with Honours supervisors
||presentations (20%); thesis (70%); assignments (10%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest