CY2002 - Youth Deviance
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Arts, Society & Education
The subject is structured around the two main sociological dimensions - culture and
system - exploring how youth deviance is experienced and represented in culture, and
how young people involved in crime and deviant activities are administered within
the Youth Justice System and related institutional structures.
- allow students the opportunity to gain insights into issues that relate to researching
- allow students to gain knowledge and understanding about current theories relating
to young people;
- assist students to become familiar with issues affecting youth in contemporary society;
- offer students from other faculties and employees from youth related organisations
the opportunity to share their knowledge and experiences about young people.
||To undertake this subject, students must have successfully completed 12 credit points
(four subjects) of level 1 study at tertiary level
|CY3002 ED4946 SY2031 SY3031
Study Period 2
|Census Date 29-Aug-2019
||Dr Mark Chong.
- 26 hours - Electronic communication via LearnJCU and email
|Method of Delivery:
||WWW - LearnJCU
||essay (30%); other assessment (20%); centrally-administered final exam (50%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest