CV1520 - A Fine Line: Drawing Concepts and Techniques
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Creative Arts (pre 2015)
This subject introduces students to a range of technical and expressive drawing skills.
Students will explore numerous materials and means of mark making. Perspective, tonal
contrast and drawing conventions will be examined along with a survey of extant drawings
from a range of cultures and contexts. Analog or digital drawings will be used in
the design and produce a compact magazine or a compact artists book.
- use drawing as a means of communicating ideas and feelings and create drawings using
a range of materials;
- represent three-dimensional objects on a two- dimensional surface and create drawings
that demonstrate an understanding of proportion, perspective and composition;
- render tones, shadows and reflections in drawings;
- create a compact magazine or artists book;
- apply OH&S in relation to the process explored in this unit.
|NM1502 VA1112 NM1500
Study Period 2
|Census Date 28-Aug-2014
||Assoc. Professor Robyn Glade-Wright
||Mr Gareth Wild.
||folio 1 (30%); artist's book or magazine (40%); folio 2 (30%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest