CV1510 - Foundations of Visual Art
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Creative Arts (pre 2015)
In this unit you will be introduced to foundation concepts and techniques in the visual
arts. Information about technical aspects of colour, form, scale, composition and
the principles and elements of design will be examined and described in terms of digital
and analog applications. Concepts that have informed the work of visual artists will
be examined along with discussions about the communicative nature of the visual arts.
You will be provided with opportunities to work with a range of processes including
painting, printing and drawing and to test your ideas in the production of original
- demonstrate foundation skill in drawing, painting and printmaking;
- describe the major changes in arts practice since the advent of modernism;
- develop an understanding of colour relationship, composition and the principles and
elements of design;
- commence research in the visual arts and create original works in digital or analogue
- develop an understanding of OH&S in relation to the process explored in this unit.
|VA1118 VA1018 VA1031 VA1032
Study Period 1
|Census Date 27-Mar-2014
||Assoc. Professor Robyn Glade-Wright
||Ms Jacquie Scotcher.
||technical journal (30%); project 1 (30%); project 2 (40%).
|Special Assessment Requirements:
||In order to establish the authenticity of work submitted for assessment, attendance
at practical classes is compulsory. Rolls are kept and work submitted by students
with an attendance of less than 80% will not be eligible for assessment unless prior
approval has been obtained in writing from the lecturer.
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest