CV1220 - Through the Lens
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Creative Arts (pre 2015)
During the lecture series, students will investigate photomedia practices as a basis
to inform and assist in the shaping of their creative industries practice. In the
practical/tutorial sessions, students will develop technical, creative and compositional
(visual and communication design) skills in order to support their ongoing investigation
and experimentation in photomedia creative forms. Students will be introduced to organisation
and preparation of their work for assessment and possible presentation outcomes.
- create a folio of original creative works for possible presentation outcomes;
- demonstrate knowledge of photomedia culture, artists and artefacts, in a specific
- demonstrate knowledge regarding ethics and copyright in the arts;
- apply and demonstrate an understanding of appropriate lens-based technology and methods
at an intermediate level for the production of photomedia artefacts;
- demonstrate an understanding of visual and communication design skills in the production
and analysis of photomedia artefacts.
Study Period 2
|Census Date 28-Aug-2014
||Assoc. Professor Glenn Porter.
- 13 hours lectures
- 39 hours practicals
||quizzes or tests (20%); project folio 1 (50%); assignments (30%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest