CV1010 - Digital Media
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Creative Arts (pre 2015)
This subject provides an introduction to Digital Media production techniques. Through
a focus on Digital Media software applications, skills and knowledge will be developed.
Students will be introduced to software and hardware tools relevant to their studies
in the Creative Arts. Digital Media concepts will form a core understanding of process
and outcomes. Through encountering current approaches to practice and innovation students
will become familiar with the legal and ethical implications of Digital Media use
and production. The subject will combine work on the conceptual, aesthetic and technical
elements underlying Digital Media production, through seminars and practical sessions.
- produce innovative solutions to creative digital media design challenges;
- demonstrate skills in the processes of digital media production;
- produce creative work using appropriate software;
- demonstrate knowledge of intellectual property conventions and academic referencing
in relation to digital media;
- communicate the aims of their work in written forms.
Study Period 1
|Census Date 27-Mar-2014
||Dr Russell Milledge
||Dr Russell Milledge, Mr Gareth Wild.
- 39 hours - Mixed delivery mode
||practical assignment 1 completed in class (20%); final project (40%); practical assignment 2 completed in class (40%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest