CS3008 - Fluid Mechanics
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Engineering (pre 2015)
Properties of fluids. Hydrostatics. Fluid kinematics. Fluid dynamics. Finite control
volume analysis. Integral conservation equations. Infinitesimal control volume analysis.
NavierStokes Equations. Dimensional analysis and similitude. Laminar and turbulent
boundary layer concepts. Pipe flow. Flowinduced forces. Open channel flow.
- develop the ability to work both individually and as part of a team in the analysis
and design aspects of fluid mechanics problems;
- understand and define basic fluid concepts, properties and variables;
- understand the derivations of the fluid equations commonly used in engineering analysis;
- understand the simplifications and assumptions of the fluid equations commonly used
in engineering analysis.
||MA2000 and ME2512
Study Period 2
|Census Date 28-Aug-2014
||Professor Wenxian Lin.
- 65 hours - Lectures, tutorials, demonstrations, practicals, site visits and/or seminars. Refer
to Subject Outline for details.
||end of semester exam (50% - 70%); on-course assessment, some of which may be invigilated (30% - 50%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest