CS3003 - Design of Steel and Concrete Structures
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Engineering (pre 2015)
Civil engineering design of steel and concrete structures. Application of Australian
Codes of Practice in the design of structures. In this subject the designs will be
oriented to simple structures and more teacher directed than will be the case in Civil
Engineering Design, which will deal with overall structures and be more open-ended
and less teacher directed.
- ability to carry out design of structures in consultation with other members in a
- apply skills learned in related subjects of the course to the design of structural
elements in steel and concrete;
- communicate design recommendations by suitably detailed design sketches;
- produce design solutions to a prescribed professional standard.
||CS2003 AND CS3000
Study Period 2
|Census Date 28-Aug-2014
||<Person not found>
||Professor John Ginger, <Person not found>.
- 65 hours - Lectures, tutorials, demonstrations, practicals, site visits and/or seminars. Refer
to Subject Outline for details.
||end of semester exam (30% - 50%); assignments (50% - 70%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest