CP2503 - Enterprise Database Systems - Oracle
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Business (pre 2015)
The primary aim of the subject is to provide the student with an understanding of
the issues involved in the administration of an enterprise size database system. The
subject uses Oracle as an example enterprise database system. Topics covered include
security, backup and recovery, physical storage management, and software development
for reporting and data entry.
- explain the internal architecture of a database system;
- develop and administer a security policy for the database;
- design and implement a basic backup and recovery strategy;
- control and configure the physical storage requirements of a database and administer
enterprise level database systems;
- develop software for reporting and data base entry for enterprise database systems.
Study Period 68
|Census Date 29-May-2014
||Dr Carrie Lui
- 26 hours lectures
- 24 hours practicals - Only the first hour of each practical is supervised
||end of semester exam (55%); quizzes or tests (10%); assignment 1 (15%); assignment 2 (20%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest