CP2423 - Cybersecurity Infrastructure and Management
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Science and Engineering
This subject will introduce the various approaches to and professional practice for
designing and implementing cybersecurity infrastructure for prevention and countermeasures.
Students will gain a general understanding of vulnerability, threats, countermeasures.
Students will also learn theory, best approaches, and practical steps of how to install,
configure, and manage firewalls to protect enterprise network architecture. Students
will be working in teams on industry relevant case studies and projects to gain actual
experience while also improving interpersonal communication skills in a professional
context. Successful completion of this hands-on project based course allow students
acquire skills to configure, manage, and monitor various cybersecurity threat prevention
- design and implement next-generation cybersecurity infrastructure;
- discuss relevant networking concepts according to different contexts and scenarios;
- identify the threats posed to information systems by malicious software and intruders;
- plan, implement and configure secure information and communication systems.
- Written > Test/Quiz 1 - (30%) - Individual
- Oral > Presentation 1 - (30%) - Group
- Written > Project report - (40%) - Individual.
Study Period 52
|Census Date 05-Aug-2021
- 10 hours lectures (didactic or interactive)
- 40 hours tutorials
- 80 hours self study
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest