CP2422 - Cloud and Data Centre Security
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Science and Engineering
This subject will introduce the various approaches to and professional practice for
designing and implementing practical threat management, SaaS, and inline cloud security
approaches. Students will gain a general understanding of cloud threat management
(detection and response applications), securing public cloud, secure SaaS applications,
and virtualized inline security in public cloud. Students will be working in teams
on industry relevant case studies and projects to gain actual experience while also
improving interpersonal communication skills in a professional context. Successful
completion of this hands-on project based course allow students acquire skills to
configure, manage, and monitor various cloud security threat prevention elements.
- explain the differences between cloud and data centres and their peculiarities from
a security perspective;
- discuss and apply industry knowledge and best practices into specific case studies;
- configure, manage and monitor different cloud security threat prevention elements.
- Written > Test/Quiz 1 - (30%) - Individual
- Oral > Presentation 1 - (30%) - Group
- Written > Project report - (40%) - Individual.
Study Period 53,
|Census Date 02-Dec-2021
||Dr Steve Kerrison.
- 20 hours lectures (didactic or interactive)
- 30 hours tutorials
- 80 hours self study
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest