CL4040 - Process Safety, Design and Management
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Engineering (pre 2015)
Learning from accidents the responsibility of the engineer. Workplace regulations,
MSDS, work permit systems. Risk assessment. Inherently safe process design. HAZOP
and HAZAN methods. Examples of safe practice for unit operations and materials. Environmental
- to assess the environmental and safety implications of operations in the chemical
- to communicate clearly via oral and written communication;
- to encourage the student to view safety issues as an evolving process that requires
- to identify and apply previous knowledge on the basic engineering fundamentals (mass
and energy balances, heat and mass transfer, reactor theory, fluid mechanics, etc)
to solve safety design problems of the chemical industry;
- to make the student aware of legal and ethical responsibilities;
- to perform problem solving exercises in a group or team environment. This will be
especially important in HAZOP and HAZAN exercises.
||CL3010 AND CL3021 AND CL3030
Study Period 1
|Census Date 27-Mar-2014
||<Person not found>.
- 65 hours - Lectures, tutorials, demonstrations, practicals, site visits and/or seminars. Refer
to Subject Outline for details.
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest