CL2501 - Process Analysis
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Science and Engineering
Application of the energy balance to the material and energy flow processes in engineering.
Introduction to enthalpy, psychometric charts and heats of reaction as they are used
in the energy balance. Writing and solving combined mass and energy balances. Introduction
to economic, environmental and safety issues important to chemical process design
and process flowsheet development. Unsteady and steady state material and energy balances
and solving complex problems with computers. Introduction to process flowsheeting
- develop an understanding of the key principles in sustainable chemical process design;
- develop and practice communication, team working and problem solving skills by designing
and analysing large scale industrial systems;
- develop and practise strategies and tactics for problem identification, formulation
- develop the skills necessary to be able to retrieve and estimate important physical
- learn to apply engineering fundamentals and to take a systems approach to derive and
solve mass and energy balances.
Study Period 1
|Census Date 28-Mar-2019
||Dr Madoc Sheehan.
- 39 hours lectures
- 26 hours tutorials
||end of semester exam (50% - 70%); on-course assessment, some of which may be invigilated (30% - 50%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest