BC5202 - Advanced Laboratory Practice in Molecular and Cell Biology
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Public Health, Medical & Vet Sciences
Available to students only with permission of the Head of Discipline of Biochemistry
and Molecular Biology.
This subject covers a broad range of state-of-the-art laboratory techniques used in
biochemistry and molecular biology research laboratories through both lectures and
laboratory experience. Lectures cover the use of modern techniques in biochemistry
and molecular biology and experimental design. Students will be required to complete
a 96 hour placement that will expose them to research relevant molecular and proteins
techniques (three weeks full time during the mid-semester break).
- design, conduct, problem solve and analyse the results of a research project;
- independently synthesise results from and experimental project and present this, and
their conclusion, in a written format;
- maintain a record of their laboratory research in accordance with expected professional
- abide by all workplace health and safety requirements and conduct themselves in a
- independently critically review scientific publications and communicate this in both
written and oral formats.
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest