BC5001 - Advanced Readings in Molecular and Cell Biology
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Public Health, Medical & Vet Sciences
This subject is designed to prepare students to undertake a research project in a
field of Molecular & Cell Biology. Students will complete a critical review of contemporary
and relevant literature which will inform the development of a research proposal,
including ethics and biosafety applications as appropriate for the field of study.
It is critical that this work is supported by an advisor who will normally also be
prepared to support the student with the research project component of the Master
of Philosophy (Natural and Physical Sciences).
- incisively review the scientific literature on a particular topic and devise a research
program of a high standard to answer questions raised on that topic;
- critically analyse research articles;
- formulate prose for a scientific audience;
- prepare a research project proposal.
- Literature Review - (50%)
- Project Proposal - (50%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest