AR4006 - Archaeological and Heritage Theory
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Arts, Society & Education
Available only to students enrolled in the BA(Hons), BSc(Hons), BSocSc(Hons)
This subject surveys theoretical frameworks within the discipline of archaeology.
A key aim is to guide students towards the development of theoretical perspectives
for their research projects. Students are required to undertake intensive reading
and discussion of literature in the discipline.
- acquire the skills required to engage in research associated with higher degree research
- cultivate a critical understanding of key debates in areas of research theory and/or
- demonstrate the students knowledge of the discipline.
Study Period 1
|Census Date 28-Mar-2019
|Face to face teaching
(1 WEEK INTENSIVE WORKSHOP IN MARCH - Dates to be advised)
||Dr Christian Reepmeyer.
- 26 hours workshops/Seminars - Workshop to be held in March - Dates to be advised
- 3 hours - Week 1 Online 3 hr workshop
||presentations (50%); essays (50%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest